Live! From a 10′ Budget box truck on I-95 in Georgia…
We left Grandmom’s at about 8:40AM, stopped once on I-95 in Florida to stretch our legs and use the bathroom, reached the Georgia border at about 12:15 and stopped for lunch in Darien, GA at 1:00. It’s 2:15 right now and Rebecca’s driving the truck. She’s doing a great job. She’s as wide awake right now as I’ve ever seen, focused squarely on the task at hand.
Nothing too exciting to report, but here are a few highlights so far:
- Passed a furniture store in Haines City, FL called Badcock and More.
- A fistfight between DOT workers at the side of the road near Daytona Beach.
- Signs on I-4 in Florida for Disney, Universal and another park called the Holy Land Experience (those rides must be boring)
- Passed at least 2 Belks – somebody tell Rocco
- A gas station called El Cheapo
- Got stopped at a weigh station and we’re not really sure why – trooper came running out of the guard house to ask us where we were going and then let us drive through – “truck full of Grandmom’s stuff” will get you out of these situations.
Check back later for more updates from the truck!